Wednesday, 11th February 2015 - 12:00
ITS (UK), the Intelligent Transport Society for the United Kingdom, welcomes the findings of the UK Department for Transport on the regulatory framework for the testing of autonomous vehicles on UK roads. ITS (UK) contributed to the consultation process which resulted in the Report and runs a Connected Vehicle Interest Group which contains many UK organisations with a strong interest in this area. The fact that DfT has found that “driverless vehicles can legally be tested on public roads in the UK today” is excellent news for the UK ITS sector and will enable many ITS (UK) Members to take part in both UK trials and in taking on work from overseas clients to carry out tests here. ...
Subscribe to the ITS UK monthly newsletter and keep up-to-date with ITS news. The
ITS UK newsletter features a range of articles relating to current ITS developments
and future events.
read more ›
View the ITS UK publications archive. The archive contains useful publications aimed
at all who have an interest in the UK ITS sector. They are available free of charge.
read more ›
Coming to Visit?
Are you planning on visiting us or attending one of our featured events? If so,
plan your journey to and from the venue by public transport using the Transport
Direct online journey planner.
Visit the Transport Direct Website ›
ITS (UK) News
- 11/02/15 ITS United Kingdom Welcomes Department for Transport “Pathway to Driverless Cars” Report
- 23/12/14 ITS United Kingdom Public Transport Interest Group Celebrates 15th Birthday
- 03/12/14 ITS United Kingdom opens 2015 Awards Nominations
- 21/11/14 ITS United Kingdom relaunches its Security and Resilience Interest Group
- 06/10/14 From locating potholes to monitoring air quality, new technologies could revolutionise the UK’s transport system and reduce local authority costs
- 20/05/14 ITS (UK) 2014 Review is published