Wednesday, 18th March 2015 - 12:00
ITS United Kingdom Welcomes the House of Commons Transport Committee’s report on Strategic River Crossings
ITS (UK), the Intelligent Transport Society for the United Kingdom, provided written evidence to the Transport Committee’s inquiry into strategic river crossings, and our Chairman Eur Ing Sharon Kindleysides attended the Committee hearings to give oral evidence. We welcome the comprehensive and well argued report and particularly the recommendation that “As free-flow technology is implemented on more river crossings we believe that the Department must aim for total interoperability. Now is the ideal time to act before a mix of different systems become ingrained on the road network...The Department should commission research into how best to introduce the technology needed for toll operators to create an interoperable system of payments. That would be an ideal project for the Government’s Digital Service during the next Parliament.” ...
Subscribe to the ITS UK monthly newsletter and keep up-to-date with ITS news. The
ITS UK newsletter features a range of articles relating to current ITS developments
and future events.
read more ›
View the ITS UK publications archive. The archive contains useful publications aimed
at all who have an interest in the UK ITS sector. They are available free of charge.
read more ›
Coming to Visit?
Are you planning on visiting us or attending one of our featured events? If so,
plan your journey to and from the venue by public transport using the Transport
Direct online journey planner.
Visit the Transport Direct Website ›
ITS (UK) News
- 18/03/15 ITS United Kingdom Welcomes the House of Commons Transport Committee’s report on Strategic River Crossings
- 11/02/15 ITS United Kingdom Welcomes Department for Transport “Pathway to Driverless Cars” Report
- 23/12/14 ITS United Kingdom Public Transport Interest Group Celebrates 15th Birthday
- 03/12/14 ITS United Kingdom opens 2015 Awards Nominations
- 21/11/14 ITS United Kingdom relaunches its Security and Resilience Interest Group
- 20/05/14 ITS (UK) 2014 Review is published