Thursday, 28th July 2016 - 16:00
Case studies invited for the 2016 edition of the IET & ITS (UK) Local Authority Guide to Emerging Transport Technology
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and ITS (UK) joint task force is calling for case studies on emerging transport technologies used by local authorities to help explain the potential benefits of new ITS technology and showcase what is relevant and upcoming. This is for the latest Local Authority Guide to Emerging Transport Technology, which will help local authorities make use of new technologies, such as smart phones and electric vehicles, to revolutionise local transport systems. While there can be no doubt that investment in transport technology can deliver benefits in terms of better operation, increased accessibility and reduced ongoing costs, it is vital to ensure the procurement decisions made by local authorities are suitable for their needs. ...
Subscribe to the ITS UK monthly newsletter and keep up-to-date with ITS news. The
ITS UK newsletter features a range of articles relating to current ITS developments
and future events.
read more ›
View the ITS UK publications archive. The archive contains useful publications aimed
at all who have an interest in the UK ITS sector. They are available free of charge.
read more ›
Coming to Visit?
Are you planning on visiting us or attending one of our featured events? If so,
plan your journey to and from the venue by public transport using the Transport
Direct online journey planner.
Visit the Transport Direct Website ›
ITS (UK) News
- 28/07/16 Case studies invited for the 2016 edition of the IET & ITS (UK) Local Authority Guide to Emerging Transport Technology
- 22/07/16 ITS United Kingdom makes Awards for excellence in Intelligent Transport Systems
- 07/07/16 Professor Eric Sampson CBE, ITS United Kingdom Ambassador, elected to the international ITS Hall of Fame
- 14/06/16 ITS United Kingdom at the 2016 ITS in Europe Congress in Glasgow
- 02/06/16 ITS United Kingdom elects Chairman and Vice Chairman for 2016/17
- 24/05/16 TRL and ITS United Kingdom award ITS Student Prize
- 08/04/16 Glasgow hosts the 11th ITS European Congress
- 22/03/16 ITS United Kingdom briefs the Transport Select Committee on connected and autonomous vehicles
- 04/03/16 ITS United Kingdom launches pitches for Intelligent Transport Systems