Wednesday, 7th December 2016 - 17:00
ITS (UK), the Intelligent Transport Systems society for the UK, has launched a new Working Group for Capabilities. The CWG will work on best practice in recruitment, training, qualifications and career progression in the ITS sector. It is led by ITS (UK) Technical Director Fraser Sommerville of Atkins, and includes representatives from Local Authorities, Highways England, HS2, consultancies and research institutions. The CWG has drawn up an initial list of deliverables: A definition of ITS skills and tasks, a compendium of formal qualifications useful to an ITS professional, a collection of existing, successful ITS career path studies, and a Best Practice Guide to training and development for ITS employers ...
Subscribe to the ITS UK monthly newsletter and keep up-to-date with ITS news. The
ITS UK newsletter features a range of articles relating to current ITS developments
and future events.
read more ›
View the ITS UK publications archive. The archive contains useful publications aimed
at all who have an interest in the UK ITS sector. They are available free of charge.
read more ›
Coming to Visit?
Are you planning on visiting us or attending one of our featured events? If so,
plan your journey to and from the venue by public transport using the Transport
Direct online journey planner.
Visit the Transport Direct Website ›
ITS (UK) News
- 07/12/16 ITS United Kingdom sets up Capabilities Working Group
- 30/11/16 Chief Scientific Adviser leads workshop for ITS United Kingdom young professionals
- 14/10/16 ITS World Congress celebrates innovation in the industry, awarding Transurban the annual Diversity Award
- 28/07/16 Case studies invited for the 2016 edition of the IET & ITS (UK) Local Authority Guide to Emerging Transport Technology
- 22/07/16 ITS United Kingdom makes Awards for excellence in Intelligent Transport Systems
- 07/07/16 Professor Eric Sampson CBE, ITS United Kingdom Ambassador, elected to the international ITS Hall of Fame
- 14/06/16 ITS United Kingdom at the 2016 ITS in Europe Congress in Glasgow