Friday, 14th August 2015 - 12:35
ITS (UK), the Intelligent Transport Systems membership association for all who work in ITS in the UK, has responded to the shortage of new recruits into ITS by setting up a Young Professionals Interest Group. The new Group enjoys the acronym YPIG and will form a focus for younger Members of ITS (UK), enabling them to shape the activities ITS (UK) runs for them, and provide valuable intelligence to the industry on best practice in recruiting, developing and retaining young people. The skills shortage and lack of new recruits are problems across the STEM sector in the UK and the YPIG is part of ITS (UK)’s contribution to making work in this sector more attractive. It will also help ITS (UK) change with the times and continue to deliver relevant services to its membership into the future. The YPIG is led by Mara Makoni of Mouchel assisted by Martyn Minear of Arup and Jonathan Clough of Transport for London. ...
Subscribe to the ITS UK monthly newsletter and keep up-to-date with ITS news. The
ITS UK newsletter features a range of articles relating to current ITS developments
and future events.
read more ›
View the ITS UK publications archive. The archive contains useful publications aimed
at all who have an interest in the UK ITS sector. They are available free of charge.
read more ›
Coming to Visit?
Are you planning on visiting us or attending one of our featured events? If so,
plan your journey to and from the venue by public transport using the Transport
Direct online journey planner.
Visit the Transport Direct Website ›
ITS (UK) News
- 14/08/15 ITS United Kingdom sets up interest group for Young Professionals
- 10/08/15 ITS United Kingdom plans to make a big impact at the Bordeaux World Congress
- 21/07/15 ITS United Kingdom welcomes Government emphasis on highly automated vehicle research
- 12/06/15 Diversity Award launched for the Bordeaux ITS Congress
- 22/05/15 ITS United Kingdom elects new Chairman and Vice Chairman
- 23/04/15 ITS United Kingdom makes Awards for excellence in Intelligent Transport Systems
- 20/04/15 ITS (UK) relaunches Student Essay Award for 2015 sponsored by TRL
- 18/03/15 ITS United Kingdom Welcomes the House of Commons Transport Committee’s report on Strategic River Crossings