The following information details the steps we have taken to ensure that this website can be used by the majority of visitors, regardless of software used or any special requirements.
Many modern browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. While this is a potentially very useful feature for many users, accesskeys often conflict with keyboard shortcuts defined by the browser and/or operating system. Due to this problem this, ITS UK does not use accesskeys.
This site is built on valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional for structure and CSS for presentation.
A modern web browser like Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer or Opera will give the best browsing experience for the dynamic portions of the site, but the content should be accessible to any browsing device.
All pages makes use of rel=previous, next, first, and home links to aid navigation in text-only browsers and screen readers.
Most links on the site have title attributes describing the link in greater detail, unless already described by the link text. Whenever possible, links have been written to make sense out of context.
* A button to show this site validates as XHTML Transitional 1.0
* A button to show that this site's CSS validates.
* Level A conformance icon, W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
ITS (UK) News
- 30/04/13 ITS United Kingdom at Traffex
- 19/04/13 ITS United Kingdom makes Awards for excellence in Intelligent Transport Systems
- 01/04/13 ITS United Kingdom welcomes DfT’s new Door to Door sustainable transport integration strategy
- 11/01/13 ITS United Kingdom Congratulates the London Underground on 150th Anniversary
- 13/12/12 ITS United Kingdom celebrates twentieth birthday