The purpose of the Interest Group –
The Public Transport Interest Group provides a focus for ITS (UK) members and others who are interested in passenger information systems and related topics, such as smartcards and transport retail systems.
Typical activities of the Interest Group –
The group's primary activity is to hold seminars, usually two a year, one in London and one in Edinburgh. The focus of the seminar activity is on the dissemination of high quality technical information and the exchange of experience, without the formality and expense of commercial conferences. For the last three years it has also held a session with a focus on ITS in rail, linked to the annual European ITS Congress.
The group provides a resource for those interested in CEN and ISO standards development in public transport information systems, and acts as an informal mirror group to reach UK consensus on technical committee documents.
The interest group is chaired by Dr Chris Querée, who is always keen to hear of ideas to extend and develop the range of the group's activities.
Full details of this group can be downloaded here.
ITS (UK) News
- 30/04/13 ITS United Kingdom at Traffex
- 19/04/13 ITS United Kingdom makes Awards for excellence in Intelligent Transport Systems
- 01/04/13 ITS United Kingdom welcomes DfT’s new Door to Door sustainable transport integration strategy
- 11/01/13 ITS United Kingdom Congratulates the London Underground on 150th Anniversary
- 13/12/12 ITS United Kingdom celebrates twentieth birthday