Monday, 28th May 2012 - 14:00
ITS United Kingdom re-elects Chairman and Vice Chairman
ITS United Kingdom, the Intelligent Transport Systems association for the UK, held its 2012 AGM as the guests of Logica in London on 17 May. Jeremy Evans, recently retired from Transport for London, and Sharon Kindleysides of Kapsch, were re-elected as Chairman and Vice Chairman for the second year of a two year term. The Directors of ITS (UK) for 2012 / 2013 are:
- Technical Director – Dr Alan Stevens, TRL
- International Director – Richard Harris, Xerox
- Membership Director – Joanne Dodds, URS
- Communications Director – Brian Fitzpatrick, EC Harris
- Prof Eric Sampson of Newcastle University continues as Ambassador for ITS (UK).
- Mike Schofield of MSAA continues in the post of Immediate Past Chairman.
On being re-elected, Jeremy commented “It has been an honour to serve as Chairman for the past year. We intend to continue to promote our capabilities as a source of expert comment and advice on ITS matters.” Sharon said “I am delighted to continue in my role as Vice-Chairman. The ITS industry is operating in increasingly challenging times and we need to continue to demonstrate to Government and Local Authorities that we can deliver Intelligent Mobility, cheaply, efficiently and with far reaching benefits”.
Photo shows Sharon Kindleysides and Jeremy Evans
For further information, please contact:
Jennie Martin, ITS (UK)
+44(0)20 7709 3003
Notes to editors:
ITS UNITED KINGDOM, the UK association for the promotion of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), is a not-for-profit public/private sector association financed by members' subscriptions, and provides a forum for all organisations concerned with ITS. We work to bring the benefits that ITS can offer in terms of economic efficiency, transport safety, and environmental benefits to the United Kingdom - and at the same time expand the ITS market.
The membership, over 150 UK organisations, comprises Government Departments, Local Authorities, Police Forces, consultants, manufacturing and service companies, and academic and research institutions.
Members benefit from ITS United Kingdom activities including seminars, workshops and regular news dissemination. ITS United Kingdom encourages discussion on issues such as public/private co-operation, standards, legislation, information provision and new technology.
ITS (UK) News
- 30/04/13 ITS United Kingdom at Traffex
- 19/04/13 ITS United Kingdom makes Awards for excellence in Intelligent Transport Systems
- 01/04/13 ITS United Kingdom welcomes DfT’s new Door to Door sustainable transport integration strategy
- 11/01/13 ITS United Kingdom Congratulates the London Underground on 150th Anniversary
- 13/12/12 ITS United Kingdom celebrates twentieth birthday